Are you looking for the perfect shoes to go with your outfit? Then you've come to the right place. Thus, you must finish reading this article.
Remember that the right shoes can elevate any outfit, whereas the wrong ones can detract from the overall style quotient.
Also, foot problems can be alleviated by wearing wrong shoes. However, if they do not fit properly, they can cause severe issues. Therefore, it is necessary to buy shoes in person rather than online.
The reason behind this is when you buy shoes online, you don't get to try them on first. You instead rely on the labelled size rather than how they fit.
In this article, we will teach you how to choose the right shoes for you and how to make sure they fit properly. Also, we will discuss few simple guidelines which every fashion enthusiast to follow while selecting the perfect shoes.
Four Steps to Choose the Right Shoes
- Determine the style of your outfit:
In the first step selecting the appropriate footwear is to determine the type of clothing you will be wearing. While matching sneakers with every outfit is a trend, if you're unsure of how to style your sneakers look, stick to the rules.
Identifying whether the overall theme is professional or casual will give you a good start.
- While you're at it, don't let your personal style suffer:
The most crucial component of any look is owning it and master it while remaining comfortable.
While you may be at ease with small experiments, wearing outfits or shoes that are unfamiliar to you will reflect in the way you carry yourself.
Instead of stumbling around in discomfort, choose a shoe style that both represents your taste and is appropriate for the occasion.
- It is crucial to select the appropriate color and size:
The next step is to select the appropriate shoe color and size.
Thus, you are required to choose a color that complements your shirt or is the same as your pants or skirt. However, if your footwear and clothing are of different shades and of the same color, this can go wrong. In such cases, select a color that complements your skin tone.
- Consider the activity you're likely to engage in
Before finalizing your footwear, consider the types of activities you are likely to participate in. When selecting footwear, we frequently overlook the amount of time we will spend sitting, standing, or walking. If you're going to the zoo, wear walking shoes rather than sandals. Similarly, at your party, wear comfortable pumps rather than pencil heels.
Shoe Shopping Tips
If you are going for a shoe shopping, always keep in mind these do and don’ts.
- Choose shoes that feel comfortable. You can wear them around the house. Return them if they don't fit properly.
- Shop at the end of the day, when your feet will be slightly larger.
- When purchasing shoes, have both of your feet measured while standing. The size of one's feet changes over time.
- Choose shoes that are appropriate for the situation. For an occasional night out on the town, high heels are acceptable. However, for everyday wear, go with a more practical shoe.
- Try on shoes while wearing any custom-made inserts for your feet.
- Put on both the left and right shoes. Choose a pair that fits the larger of your two feet if you have them.
- Don't buy shoes solely based on their size. Always try on shoes because sizes vary from brand to brand and even within brands.
- Expect your shoes to "break in." Don't buy them if they don't fit in the store.
- Don't buy a shoe that isn't a good fit for your foot shape.